Auto Show Shuffle 2014
Join the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports and the Michigan Fitness Foundation as we celebrate the opening day of the North American Auto Show's Public Days with a one of a kind 5k race.
The Auto Show Shuffle celebrates the city's rich automotive history and physical activity opportunities. The course will wind participants through Detroit, along the Detroit riverfront, across the Dequindre Cut and will end just in time for the opening of the Public Show. Participants in the 2014 Auto Show Shuffle will receive a commemorative tech-shirt, discount admission to the Auto Show and a special Auto Show Shuffle medal.
Help support the work of the Michigan Fitness Foundation in creating a healthier Michigan.
- The Auto Show Shuffle 5k kicks off the opening day of the North American International Auto Show public show event
- The Auto Show Shuffle was created in 2013 to highlight Detroit’s rich automotive legacy while drawing attention to the walkability and bike-ability of Detroit trails
- Last year more than 400 runners and walkers participated in the Auto Show Shuffle 5k
- The Michigan Fitness Foundation and the Governor’s council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports work to bring about behavior change through programming, special projects and events that encourage citizens to build physical activity and sound nutrition into their daily routine. By empowering, facilitating and celebrating healthy choices, we will foster prosperity for all.
- The Michigan Fitness Foundation has coordinated the Auto Show Shuffle with The Parade Company with the intention of getting Auto Show visitors active
- Participants start at Port Authority at 8 a.m. and travel along the Detroit Riverfront and through the Dequindre Cut
- Lieutenant Governor Brian Calley and Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports member Lila Lazarus will kick off the run and walk
- The Auto Show Shuffle 5k is a timed race open to runners and walkers of all skill levels
- Participants receive a tech-shirt, a special Auto Show Shuffle medal and discount admission to the NAIAS
- For more information about the race, visit autoshowshuffle.com
- For more information on Michigan Fitness Foundation and the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports, visit michiganfitness.org