Career Opportunities with Michigan Fitness
The Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) is a nonprofit located in Old Town Lansing. Our mission is to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting healthy eating and active living.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 11, 2014
FTE: 0.5 FTE
Education: Bachelor’s degree in web design or computer science preferred. Experience may substitute for degree requirement.
Starting Salary: $18–22 per hour
- Coordinate and implement structural, aesthetic, and functional changes to various websites.
- Assist with content creation and updating.
- Work closely with team members in a creative environment related to web strategy and communications/messaging.
- This position reports to the Director of Creative Technology at the Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF).
- Work within a team environment to develop and design new websites using standards-based HTML and CSS.
- Make structural revisions and implement functionality enhancements to multiple websites.
- Prepare photos, graphics, and documents for web use using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat.
- Liaise with and assist outside web development firms.
- Consult and advise on IT decisions pertaining to websites.
- Participate in creating and following brand guidelines for MFF.
- Manage multiple projects and varying deadlines.
- Experience with Drupal strongly preferred.
- Experience with responsive design for creating mobile-friendly sites a strong plus.
- Expertise with Linux VPS hosting environments a strong plus.
- Experience with (or ability to learn) building accessibility features into websites for the disabled.
- Experience with Illustrator, Flash, and InDesign a plus.
- Ability to stay current with web technologies, web trends, and to learn new technologies as they emerge.
Must be able to:
- Constantly operate a computer and other standard office machines, and constantly communicate with internal staff as well as external partners.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position as well as move about in the course of general duties.
Please send cover letter, resume, references, and portfolio (or links) by email to:
cdack [at] michiganfitness [dot] org
Or by U.S. Mail to:
Michigan Fitness Foundation
Attn: Christopher Dack
P.O. Box 27187
Lansing, MI 48909
The Michigan Fitness Foundation is an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. The Michigan Fitness Foundation reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is considered to be non-exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Teamwork is the cornerstone of the Michigan Fitness Foundation, and we’re looking for hardworking and creative individuals to help us make Michigan a better place to live, work and play. We invite prospective applicants to view position vacancies and submit a resume, cover letter and references as directed. MFF is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state and local laws.