Career Opportunities with Michigan Fitness
The Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) is a nonprofit located in Old Town Lansing. Our mission is to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting healthy eating and active living.
Assistant Director, Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance (MTGA)
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Starting Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Description: Reporting to the Executive Director, Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance
- Provide the MTGA Executive Director with technical assistance and outreach to advance the trails movement, including:
- Attendance at meetings, making presentations and providing general technical assistance to new and ongoing trail projects
- Interfacing with trail-related coalitions and groups to monitor happenings and collect input
- Strategizing with MTGA Executive Director and board on new initiatives to meet the needs of trail groups and trail users
- Preparation of technical trails content for MTGA newsletter
- Handle day-to-day responsibilities involving membership and fundraising, including:
- Management of membership communications, database, appeals, and events
- Assistance with publications content and production management
- Overseeing newsletter content development and layout in coordination with MFF staff
- Update MTGA website content in coordination with MFF staff Plan, promote and oversee the annual Michigander Bicycle Tour and other MTGA events through:
- Route planning, mapping and logistics
- Sponsorship development and relationship management
- Content development for participant materials
- Venue, supplies, and meal procurement
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong enthusiasm for strengthening Michigan’s status as the #1 Trail State
- Experience with trails and trail systems strongly desired
- Event organizing expertise preferred
- Experience with project/event budgeting desirable
- Volunteer management experience desirable
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Fundraising experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Advanced internet research skills
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to work both independently or collaboratively with others toward the achievement of common goals
- Demonstrated problem solving, conceptual thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will frequently remain in a stationary position as well as be required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility.
- Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work in usual office working conditions where noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
- Occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Work assignments occasionally require attendance at evening and weekend events and will at times require overnight travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of valid auto insurance.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email cover letter, resume, and references, indicating “Assistant Director, MTGA” in the subject line, to Nancy Krupiarz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2015 or until a suitable candidate is found.
The Michigan Fitness Foundation is an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. The Michigan Fitness Foundation reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Lansing and is considered to be non-exempt per the Fair Labor Standards Act.
FTE: 1.0 FTE
EDUCATION: Advanced degree in a health, education, social science, biostatistics or evaluation field.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience, starting at $70,000 annually
DESCRIPTION: The Evaluation Specialist will join a dynamic and progressive team to oversee the evaluation efforts of Michigan Fitness Foundation to address the programming goals and objectives to improve lives and strengthen communities by helping people eat healthfully and be physically active.
- Provide evaluation and statistical analysis leadership that includes overall support for internal projects and external contracts.
- Independently or as part of a team conduct and participate in relationship building, training, compliance oversight, direct program evaluation and communication of outcomes.
- Independently conduct reporting, analysis and communication tasks using standard equipment.
- Participate in report, publication and grant writing and other projects as assigned.
- Supervision of staff and oversight of projects as assigned.
- Travel independently both in state and out-of-state.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Comprehensive content expertise in program evaluation including design, qualitative and quantitative methods of analysis, primary and secondary data analysis, meta-analysis and data management.
- Advanced degree in a health, education, social science, or evaluation field required.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree preferred.
- Ability to conduct multiple data analysis projects within a single period of performance.
- Five or more years experience in evaluation of large projects with increasing levels of responsibilities, preferably in the public heath realm.
- Exhibit professional and collaborative leadership skills.
- Robust knowledge of statistical analysis and associated software tools.
Must be able to:
- Constantly operate a computer and other standard office machines, and constantly communicate with internal staff as well as external partners.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position as well as move about in the course of general duties.
Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of current, valid auto insurance coverage.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 20, 2015 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
Please send a cover letter, resume or vita, and references to:
By U.S. Mail to: Michigan Fitness Foundation, Attn: Marci Scott, Ph.D., R.D.N., P.O. Box 27187, Lansing, MI 48909
And by e-mail to: email@example.com. Please use subject line: Specialist position
The Michigan Fitness Foundation is an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. The Michigan Fitness Foundation reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Lansing, Michigan and is considered exempt per the Fair Labor Standards Act.