Career Opportunities with Michigan Fitness
The Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) is a nonprofit located in Old Town Lansing. Our mission is to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting healthy eating and active living.
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Education: Associates Degree; 2+ years’ experience in administrative support role; Experience may substitute for degree
Starting Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Description: Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides support to the CEO, members of Executive Management, and the organization as a whole, in all aspects of administration.
- Manage calendar(s), including scheduling appointments, coordinating travel arrangements and meetings.
- Independently research and compose complex and non-routine letters, memos, documents, emails, and reports with very high standards for accuracy, completeness, grammar, spelling, and document formatting.
- Create and maintain a variety of databases and spreadsheets with very high standards for accuracy and formatting. Interpret, analyze and summarize data to support effective decision making.
- Assist in all aspects of oversight and coordination, including logistics where applicable, of projects, programs, events, meetings and initiatives of the organization.
- Assist with governance matters including taking accurate minutes/notes at meetings, drafting minutes/notes and distributing.
- Welcome guests and partners by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Provide excellent customer service focus, both internally with team members and externally with partners, building strong, collaborative relationships.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Order, receive and maintain supplies inventory.
- Maintain facility work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Evaluate all aspects of current administrative operational procedures, make and implement recommendations to improve existing systems and establish new systems.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Advanced internet research skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, including editing, proofreading, and knowledge of correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships.
- Ability to work both independently or collaboratively with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Demonstrated problem solving, conceptual thinking, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing multiple responsibilities, deadlines, and changing priorities while maintaining a calm, helpful and professional demeanor.
- Proficient in standard industry concepts, practices and procedures, e.g., operation of standard office equipment, file management, telephone etiquette, event management, etc.
- Perform responsibilities in a manner that demonstrates a high degree of integrity, professionalism, accountability, excellence, creativity, and support for organizational mission.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will frequently remain in a stationery position as well as be required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility.
- Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work in usual office working conditions where noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
- Occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Work assignments occasionally require attendance at evening events and may require overnight travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of valid auto insurance.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to:
By U.S. Mail:
Michigan Fitness Foundation
Attn: Diane Bauer
Vice President of Finance
P.O. Box 27187
Lansing, MI 48909
And by email:
Please use subject line: Executive Assistant
The Michigan Fitness Foundation is an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. The Michigan Fitness Foundation reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Lansing and is considered to be non-exempt.