Career Opportunities with Michigan Fitness
The Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) is a nonprofit located in Old Town Lansing. Our mission is to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting healthy eating and active living.
FTE: 1.0 FTE
EDUCATION: Advanced degree in a health, education, social science, biostatistics or evaluation field.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience, starting at $70,000 annually
DESCRIPTION: The Evaluation Specialist will join a dynamic and progressive team to oversee the evaluation efforts of Michigan Fitness Foundation to address the programming goals and objectives to improve lives and strengthen communities by helping people eat healthfully and be physically active.
- Provide evaluation and statistical analysis leadership that includes overall support for internal projects and external contracts.
- Independently or as part of a team conduct and participate in relationship building, training, compliance oversight, direct program evaluation and communication of outcomes.
- Independently conduct reporting, analysis and communication tasks using standard equipment.
- Participate in report, publication and grant writing and other projects as assigned.
- Supervision of staff and oversight of projects as assigned.
- Travel independently both in state and out-of-state.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Comprehensive content expertise in program evaluation including design, qualitative and quantitative methods of analysis, primary and secondary data analysis, meta-analysis and data management.
- Advanced degree in a health, education, social science, or evaluation field required.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree preferred.
- Ability to conduct multiple data analysis projects within a single period of performance.
- Five or more years experience in evaluation of large projects with increasing levels of responsibilities, preferably in the public heath realm.
- Exhibit professional and collaborative leadership skills.
- Robust knowledge of statistical analysis and associated software tools.
Must be able to:
- Constantly operate a computer and other standard office machines, and constantly communicate with internal staff as well as external partners.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position as well as move about in the course of general duties.
Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of current, valid auto insurance coverage.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until a suitable candidate is identified.
Please send a cover letter, resume or vita, and references to:
By U.S. Mail to: Michigan Fitness Foundation, Attn: Marci Scott, Ph.D., R.D.N., P.O. Box 27187, Lansing, MI 48909
And by e-mail to: email@example.com. Please use subject line: Specialist position
The Michigan Fitness Foundation is an at-will employer. The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. The Michigan Fitness Foundation reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time. This position is located in Lansing, Michigan and is considered exempt per the Fair Labor Standards Act.